Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hottest Peppers in the WORLD!!

So I managed to grow some Bhut Jolokia's in containers this year. The "ghost" pepper from India that's something like a million scoville units. Got the seeds off e-bay last spring, supposedly so hot, one drop in chili will make it unable to be consumed by the average person.

My goal was to keep the seeds of the earliest peppers so I can breed a shorter season variety for here in VT. The hope anyways. A perfect pepper, a little goes a long way, and I can dry the blemished peppers to use for hot pepper soap sprays on bugs next year.

After suffering from severe blosson drop, I repeatedly hit them with blossom set spray, which worked like a charm. Finally they came into it..... Doing well though, as good as the habanero's and red savina's anyways! Not bad for way north of where they're native to.

No comments: