Sunday, August 23, 2009

Micro Food Plots

So I went out in the woods the other day with an iron rake and some seeds. I had gotten a bunch of seed from X-mas tree shops this spring when it was half price, and had turnips and lettuce left over. Had myself a micro food plotting adventure.

So I walked around the woods and field edges in a circle a hundred to two hundred yards around my treestand. I raked over anthills and dropped some seeds. I raked back dead branches and leaves, and dropped seeds. I finished up walking inbetween the rows of a nearby corn field raking up soil and dropping seeds.

The deer were pretty thick in the area anyways, but I'm pretty confident now. I was planning on using the stand for rifle season, but am thinking about a strong presence during bow season. This might be the year for a deer with horns!!

No comments: