Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What To Say About The Weather

What a roller coaster this fall for temperatures. It's December and since the end of October, temps have gone up and down, up and down constantly. I just don't know what to think, global warming? What causes such frequent change?

Last winter started with a bang. First week of December we got dumped on, and it kept coming. This year, we've been getting hit, then having it all melt off. The bays of Lake Champlain freeze, then it all breaks up and melts away. I guess it is early to be thinking about ice fishing with the lake still at 38 degrees still. I just can't wait to pull my first Salmon of the year through the ice.

I can't help it though. What good are the cold temps withou ice or snow to enjoy it? No skis or snowshoes, no running line of tip-ups. After a year without winter you long for it. Sure it'll wear out it's welcome in a few months, but for now, anxious anticipation reigns.

No comments: